If your region allows it, you can still watch the more recent episodes on 3 Now. On TV, MasterChef is on Sundays at 7pm and on Mondays at 7.30pm.
In the meantime, here is one of Leo's recipes. The judges found the lettuce spring roll very flavoursome so I would like to try that!
Photos and recipe from the TV3 website (no copyright infringement intended, such TV-related articles disappear over time so I would like to keep a copy here for archiving purposes).
5 Spiced Pork Roast, Bean and Lettuce Spring Roll, with Apple and Oyster Sauce
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 60 min
Makes 1 Portions/Servings
1 Pork Chop
1Tsp. Five Spice Powder
Spring Roll Stuffing
50g Minced Pork
½ Granny Smith Apple, cored and diced
1Tbsp. Peanut Butter
1Tsp. Fish Sauce
2Tbsp. Oyster Sauce
1 Onion, peeled and diced
3 Garlic Cloves, peeled and diced
1Cup Green beans (cut diagonally)
1 ½ Granny Smith Apples
3Tbsp. Oyster Sauce
3 Iceberg Lettuce Leaves, trimmed and washed
4 Coriander Leaves, picked
1Tsp. Chives, finely sliced
- To make the Five-Spiced Roast Pork, start by blanching the pork in a pot of boiling water for 5mins. Remove from the pot and pat dry with paper towels. Rub with the five spice powder and place onto a lined baking tray. Put in the oven at 200° for 10mins. Then reduce the temperature in the oven to 180° and continue cooking the pork. Set to grill to achieve a nice crackle on the pork. Set aside.
- To make the Spring Roll Stuffing, start by sautéing garlic and onion in a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook over a high heat until soft. Season and add pork mince. Stir well and cook until the pork starts to caramelise. Add the beans. Then season with fish sauce and oyster sauce. Add peanut butter and diced apple. Stir well and lightly season. Take off the heat and cool.
- To make the Apple Sauce, place apples into a medium pot with just enough water to cover the base of the pot. Cook over a medium heat until tender. Lightly season and blend with a stick blender until smooth. Pass through a sieve and set aside.
- For the Oyster sauce, mix sugar, flour and oyster sauce in a pot and cook over a medium heat. Cook until it starts to thicken. Take off the heat and set aside.
- To plate, spoon 2Tbsp. of the spring roll stuffing into each lettuce leaf. Add coriander, chives and a good dollop of apple sauce. Serve with the pork chop drizzle with oyster sauce.