I love fried fish. But sometimes I find it too plain, and ketchup does not cut it. So we make sarsiadong isda instead! I love this dish. Easy to make and delicious.Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: serves 3 to 4 people
- 5-6 pieces fish steak or fish fillet
- 2 pieces medium tomatoes, deseeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1 head onion, chopped into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 piece medium egg, scrambled
- cooking oil
Sprinkle and rub salt over the fish pieces. Heat up some cooking oil and fry the fish. Set aside.
- Heat up a couple of tablespoons cooking oil and saute the onion and garlic.
Add the tomato pieces and mix. Cook until the tomato pieces become soft.
Pour in the water and simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add the fried fish pieces and simmer for 3-4 minutes so the flavours can be absorbed by the fish.
Pour in the scrambled egg and mix. Don't let the egg cook into solid pieces. Remove from heat when the sauce has thickened. The egg will continue to cook from the heat even when served. Arrange the fish pieces on the plate and pour the source on top.
- Serve with hot rice.